Friday, August 30, 2013

Primer Dia!

The hardest part about this morning was leaving my love at the airport... We arrived there around 3:30. The check-in process was pretty easy since it was so early. We ended up having breakfast together then it was off I go. Security was a breeze, I just went right through without having to empty out my carry-on! Then I boarded pretty quickly, the first plane ride was rough; AA doesn't have the most comfortable seats! I ended up reading a book about Costa Rica that my friend had bought me, which was very useful. My connecting flight in Miami wasn't so bad and I actually ended up falling asleep. When I arrived at San Jose and went through the whole check-in process there, the man asked me what was my address and phone number for Costa Rica and I blanked out because I didn't have my host families information. I forgot the first day we were staying in a hotel and I could've just said that, so I started taking out papers from the program to give him some random address and he said let me see those papers. He didn't look very pleased, then asked me how long I was staying, I told him 90 days since that's all we are allowed to put, he ended up stamping my passport with a very disapproving look as if I shouldn't be in the country...hmmm... Also when I first got into the line a man was handing out safety tips...makes you think about the country's safety.

After that it was another breeze and I met with the director of the program who was very nice. I was the first student there so I had to sit and wait for the first group of students to arrive...2.5-3 hours later they arrived and just the three of us went in a taxi to the hotel, while the director stayed waiting for the other group. I ended up getting a room to myself, the others were paired except for the only guy in our group. My program members all seem very nice, we all ended up going to the hotel restaurant for appetizers since we were all a bit hungry. Soon we will have a meeting with the director at the hotel and then go out for dinner at an Asian restaurant, muy interesante!! :)

Well that was my day, I'll keep updating!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment