Monday, September 2, 2013

Buenos Dias!!

Hello everyone! Day 4! The second day we met our host families. My room mate and I found out we live with other American students in a joint house, and that we don't even get to eat meals with the family or even really interact with them , but I won't even start my rant on that. The program directors and the group took a nice tour of San Jose. The city is very nice and different, but a lot of trash all over the ground. At some points we saw people walking in front of us and secretly trying to throw their trash on the floor. The group and I had a nice lunch at a chain called Spoon, it wasn't bad. It was fairly healthy with typical Costa Rican cuisine. 
After meeting our host family we sat and talked with the mother, we never met the older brothers since they didn't care to meet us. It was a long day. We unpacked, talked, and went to sleep.

The next day we went on a day trip with the group and the directors to Volcan Irazu and Orosi which were very pretty. I took a lot of pictures! We had a nice lunch at a buffet in Orosi! We toured the city and then we went to our houses. My room mate and I took the bus to her old host families home (she came here when she was 16 years old for a 6 week school program). They were nice people and cooked delicious food! The buses were an interesting experience!

Until next time....have to run to my school orientation!! :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment