Monday, October 14, 2013

Just another day in the neighborhood...

Today I decided to go to Walmart after school since I needed a few things. I went towards the cabs near the school and the cab drivers told me to go to the cab up front, I said why do I have to take this cab, but whatever I got into the one in front and it was some old guy. I said I wanted to go to Walmart and he said where is Walmart, I said there's two I want to go to the closest one, I told him it was in the direction of Mall San Pedro. So he starts driving and I had no idea where he was going. After a bit he stops his car in front of a store called Price Mart. I was so upset. I asked him where the heck we were and I told him Walmart not Price Mart. The fare was going up and I told him I would not pay him the full amount. He continued going in the wrong direction and I had no idea where he was taking me. I called my Tico dad on the phone almost crying saying that the cab driver was taking me to god knows where. I gave the cab driver the phone and none of it sounded too good. I took back my phone and said just stop here I'm getting out. The fare was over 3,000 colones and I ended up giving him 2,000. I should of gave him nothing. My Tico dad asked me for his license plate number so I gave it to him.

I got out in the middle of nowhere and luckily there was another cab within short distance! I finally got to Walmart after that struggle. All the cab drivers ripped me off but there was nothing I could do about it:/

After Walmart I had to go to my photography class. Our teacher just took us in his car and drove us to a park. At the park a woman told us it was no longer safe to take photos there. We got back in the car and our teacher took us to some artsy place to take photos. The place was pretty cool. What shocked me about the experience was that the teacher could be like ok guys we are driving somewhere. In the states a teacher definitely wouldn't do that! 

I went back to school after and worked on my pictures from Matapalo! Then I did Zumba at school, went home, took a shower, and had dinner!! It was an interesting day:)


Pura Vida!!

No comments:

Post a Comment