This week so far has been ok, but stressful. In our intercultural communications class we went to a class with Ticos, I was one of three that was paired with the ticos who didn't speak any English. It was great practice for my Spanish! We had to ask questions like "what do you think of all the Americans being in your school" etc... It was pretty interesting. I also asked one of them why they don't talk to the Americans and he replied "fear". I thought it was an interesting session because I felt like I learned some new things:)
Tomorrow I am going to Monteverde and it will be my first trip alone without anyone. (I guess you could say I came to Costa Rica alone since I didn't know absolutely anyone), but it's a little different.
•Some things I never mentioned: once when it rained really hard here, my walls started leaking and my bed got soaked! Thankfully I didn't get wet!
•The computer labs here are kind of annoying in the case where you may be working hard on a project and then a class comes in. Basically you never know what times classes are held in the labs.
Hmmm...there was more but I can't remember now, therefore more update at another point!;) ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment