La Paz Waterfall Gardens was absolutely beautiful and we were lucky enough to experience it together! There were so many different animals and we even got to hold a toucan! We saw many different types of waterfalls and then had a yummy buffet. It really was a great day trip.
The past Saturday we also went to San Jose Center. We walked for about 6 hours all over the city! We shopped at the artisan market and then found outside activities that the community was doing. The event which is held every weekend is called, "Enamorate de tu ciudad". People were doing all kinds of things from playing chess, to hula hooping, beating drums, etc..etc... It was really great to see and I was fascinated by all the activities.
Sunday we spent the time having a nice lunch with my host family and just sitting around talking.
Now it's back to normal with school and being home.
But I must tell my ant story....
At the hotel in San Pedro in which we stayed the whole time, there were many ants everywhere. They were all over the bathroom, the floors...everywhere... I tried to keep calm (after all it is Costa Rica). It seemed like they would get worse everyday and they really were getting into everything. I made the mistake of bringing Chris a candy from my school and we put it on the table where the ants got into the plastic! The day we were leaving there were ants in my bookbag so again I tried to stay calm and just crushed all of them with my fingers. I hoped they were all dead and that none were coming home with me. Once I dropped of Chris to the airport and I got home, I started to clean out my bags. I saw a few more ants in my bag which confused me because I really triple checked it before I left. I started cleaning out everything and hoped for no more ants. I kept seeing some on my bedroom floor and just continued to kill them. I went about my day and went to school. I took my umbrella in case it rained. When I got home I put my bag down on my bed, had dinner as usual, and my tico family and I watched a movie. When I got back to the room I noticed ants on my bed. I was really paranoid at this point. I noticed the bag was on my bed and figured I should shake it out outside. I went outside and figured I should shake out the umbrella that was in the bag too. I opened the umbrella up and quickly dropped it and screamed!! There were TONS of ants all on the inside of my umbrella! My host dad sprayed the umbrella and we left it outside for the night! For the next three days I felt like ants were crawling on me and I would see ants that weren't there! I think I'm ok now! HAHA oh Costa Rica!
Until Next Time!
Meet Mr. Albino Squirrel
Beautiful Blue Hummingbird
Waterfall
Butterfly Garden
Jaguar pacing around
Toucan Time






No comments:
Post a Comment