Friday, September 6, 2013

Nueva Casa, Nueva Vida!

Today in Spanish class we watched a pretty cool movie called "Gestacion", it was based in Costa Rica and was about an adolescent who got pregnant. It was cool to see the familiar places, buses, taxis, etc...of Costa Rica in the movie.

After school we got a call that we were moving houses today. So after classes my room mate and I went to have lunch and went to the school to talk to the housing people. We were given some options of families and we chose a husband and wife who just had a dog. We didn't know how to tell the woman we were living with that we were leaving. It was hard for me and I felt a tinge of sadness. The woman seemed quite disappointed and I felt really bad.

We left and waited for our new host parents at the university! Turned out to be a young 26 year old married couple! It should be an interesting experience and I'm sure they can tell us many places to go! I watched a little part of the big soccer game (Costa Rica VS USA!) Should be an interesting journey from this point . . .Ready for my first weekend off in Costa Rica. I can't believe it's only been a week since I've been here!

No comments:

Post a Comment