Thursday, September 19, 2013

Security, security!

Tuesday, after dinner with the API group, Jalissa went with me to the post office to pick up my package that Chris sent me. It was in the center of Zapote. When we walked toward the general area it was gated and police officers were standing there, I'm not sure if there was a riot or something going on! 

First we decided to go to the bank, we had to wait for security to open the door then one by one we were scanned with a metal detector. Then we had to get a ticket saying how many transactions we had. It was like waiting at the RMV and being called by number.

After that experience we went to the post office, the guards stopped us and wouldn't let Jalissa go in with me to get my package. When I went in I had to sign  a paper and wait to be called. The second person I saw went through my package and made me sign more papers. Then I still had to wait for a different person to call me sign more papers, pay some type of few, then wait again for a fourth person!! Signed more papers and finally got my package!! What an experience!

At night I went to my dance class and came straight home after! I was just so tired!!

Wednesday I didn't do much! Cooked a delicious pizza for myself and went to yoga with my friend Chelsea. Yoga was hard as usual but it's good for me! :) 

Tomorrow my class is doing a field trip to the children's museum here! We also have to do presentations next week based on specific topics at the museum.  

After that 13 of us are going to Puerto Viejo!! Should be a great weekend, can't wait to see some wildlife!!

No comments:

Post a Comment